Sunday, September 9, 2012

I am Spartacus

Taking a little change in direction for the moment, one of my favourite things or some reason or other is Gladiator games and Gladiators. I think it has a lot to do with be dragged up in Britain's oldest recorded town, Colonia Claudia Victricensis Camulodunum or just plain Colchester for the likes of me.There is archaeological evidence of settlement 3,000 years ago. Its Celtic name was "Camulodunon", meaning "the Fortress of Camulos" (Camulos being a British god equated with the Roman Mars). This name was modified to the Roman spelling of "Camulodunum". Anyway I digress a bit there, when growing up with all the Roman walls and stuff about, finding a Roman coin in the back garden, I dreamt of Gladiators fighting in Colchester and now they have fought the arena, which is cool. So I have got around to painting some gladiators which has been great fun and here there are for you. Sorry of the history lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment