Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cor Blimey, Scarper its the Fuzz

Here is the next unit on the Humberstone Militia Series and these are the local bobbies. I am not totally sure that they called them the "Fuzz" in the 1930s though, but I have painted these lovely Paul Hick's sculpts having Musketeer Miniatures, they are actually the Royal Irish Constabulary in there Irish War of Independence range and one of the chaps is from the IRA command set in the Free State Uniform, painted too as a copper, he is the one with the shotgun. Beautiful figures and I tried my hardest to get the colour of the uniform correct. These were actually quite nice to paint, a nice easy uniform with little in the way of detail, which made a very nice change. Included in the unit are two, rather well known detectives from Mutton Chop Miniatures, which I have painted in a sort of tweed suits and pinstripes. I think the whole unit looks rather nice and I most get some more bobbies soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment