Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Finished New Model Firelock

Here is the finished Firelock for the New Model Army and I have to say I am rather pleased with it. The establishment of the New Model also included at least two companies of "firelocks" or fusiliers, who wore "tawny coats" instead of red, commanded initially by Major John Desborough. They were used to guard the guns and ammunition wagons, as it was obviously undesirable to have matchlock-armed soldiers with lighted matches near the gunpowder barrels. Getting The Tawny colour right was a pain but I am happy with the result as it is a orangy brown colour and the colour I created has been looked at by an expert and they say I have got it spot on, with I am rather chuffed to know.

New Model Army Firelock
Campaign Dress


No comments:

Post a Comment