Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Another Sketch while Waiting.

I have started a new sketch while I was waiting for the go ahead and this time its the BUF. I think I have the uniform for them done more to what I envisioned it to be and I am trying to get away from Mr Hicks image and go for a more truer image. I have followed on from what I have done before with them and also tried it back to Cirencester's Alarm Company uniform to. I have gone for the "Italian style" jacket and baggy trousers, but have included the Action Press style high shirt into it. I have moved away from the high jackboots to replacing them with either leggings or leather gaiters, gaiters is what I have drawn. I have given him the "chip bag" cap and a bordie helmet on the back and also 1914 leather webbing, just think leather webbing looks more evil if you know what I mean. I am going with the grey uniform, jacket a darker grey than the trouser I think, black shirt, black webbing, boot and gaiters. The piping not sure yet but might be yellow, mainly as I have done blue for the Severn, red for Manchester, so yellow or purple for London. 


BUF Legionaire, London, 1938

No comments:

Post a Comment