Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bloody Fran and Ray's Quiz

Just how mad I am to answer these questions set by Fran at The Angry Lurker and Ray at Don't Throw a 1 on there blogs, So here is my answers to their questions, just like many others before.

1. Favourite Wargaming Period and why?

That is an easy one it has to be a Very British Civil War and I know so of you are thinking and/or saying "thats not a period" well in my mind it is. Its not Second World War, its not Interwar, Back of Beyond or moderns, its simply a Gentleman's war in a time went Britain was Green and Pleasant. The reason for it is rather simple and a little personal. It is the period that has got me wargaming again after playing some rather soulless games and it is the way I played when I was young.



Also I have to admit I an a huge Bloodbowl fan and player, most get around to putting them up on the blog. Bloodbowl is just a great game to play and the best thing that GW ever did, a real game in a box.

2. Next period, money no object?

That would be Samurai. I love Shogun Total War 2 and would love to field a painted army like that.



3. Favourite 5 films?

Ian McKellan's Richard III

Aliens

Zulu

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Wild Geese

Iron Sky

Went the Day Well

4. Favourite 5 TV series?

Band of Brothers

Jeeses and Wooster

Falling Skies

Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister

Horrible Histories

Red Dwarf

Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

Lad Rats


5. Favourite book and author?

HP Lovercraft and the Lovercraft Omibuses

6. Greatest General? Can’t count yourself!!

I am not one of the greatest general or even a general. Gosh I think it has to be John Churchill, the first Duke of Marlborough

7. Favourite Wargames rules?

Went the Day Well, a set of rules that has been written by my very good friend Ook which might get published one day and I am doing the illustrations for :D. They are actually a very good set of skirmish rules.

8. Favourite Sport and team?

It has to be football and Colchester United.

Is BloodBowl a Sport?

9. If you had a only use once time machine, when and where would you go?

To the restaurant at the End of the Universe

10. Last meal on Death Row?

Damn I got caught. Roast Pork and all the trimming with lots of crackling. Why its pork! The great meat in the world. Mind you a good curry would be a nice second.

11. Fantasy relationship and why?

Monet, Renoir and Sisley, the three french impressionists artists friends who lighted something within me and I would love to learn first hand from them. Either that or Felicia Day from the Guild



12. If your life were a movie, who would play you?

Easy Richard Burton, but he is dead, maybe not so easy after all.

13. Favourite Comic Superhero?

Luther Arkwright

or Judge Dredd


14. Favourite Military quote?

"I refused to be pushed around like a damn chicken" Duke of Wellington at Waterloo

15. Historical destination to visit?

Naseby in Northamptonshire, especially as it is try to get funding for a visitor centre along the lines of Hastings, and Bosworth. Second one is El Alamein

16. Biggest Wargaming regret?

Stopping playing for a long period of time and taking a longer time to get back into it. Though I played Bloodbowl throughout this time.

17. Favourite Fantasy job?

I think I have it being a civil servant, lol. No actually I do have it as I always wanted to be an illustrator and I have been lucky enough to be able to thing thanks to Simon Douglas at Solway Crafts and Miniatures for having the fate in me and letting me come up with illustrations and ideas for A Very British Civil War and to other too. I guess that I would love to be a full time illustrator for the likes of Osprey, maybe once I am good enough.




18. Favourite Song, Top 5?

Anything by Pop Will Eat Itself, especially Def Con One

Anything by Joy Division/New Order.

Blur Coffee and TV

Anything by the Men They Couldnt Hang, especially Shirt of Blue

Anything by the Pogues




19. Favourite Wargaming Moment?

Not actually me but a mate of mine playing next to me in a bloodbowl tournament need a touchdown to win the game and go through to the semis in the last play of the game had to do a silly, stupid, jammy bastard move involving throwing the ball, catching in dodging players and running further than he can safely without killing his team, a real Hail Mary and pull it got. He won the move of the Tournament for that.

20. The miserable Git question, what upsets you?

What upset me, silly, stupid things.

This present Coalition Government, but especially the Tories for not running around like headless chickens, taxing the heck out of everything and guess what it not the civil and public service fault, we didnt cause the mess, try looking closer to home and the banks, you buggers.

People putting people down because of disablilties, colour, creed.

The flipping situation in Northern Ireland, it has not stopped, now we have "Peace Wall" dividing us instead. I can not imaging that Mo Molland had that is mind when she started the process. Jesus its sickening. I the Southern Government didnt help matters either, but I am not going there as I still dream of a united Ireland under one government, with one people and living in peace.

The colour blue.

The news.

The TV.

Stupid people
BNP

EDL

Radical religious groups

I am stopping there......................

No comments:

Post a Comment