Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Blog Pimping

As most of you know I love Very British Civil War and enjoying playing the odd game or two too. There are many reasons for this but mainly it fills that gap I have in my hobby and combines my hobby of local history coupled with my imagination, allowing me to create some interesting storylines and back stories for what I model. I am lucky also into doing the illustrations for the period too and a great chap in Simon Douglas, who lets me do what I want with it.



But enough of me, lol and  time to pimp a couple of blogs. Firstly I would like to shout out for Mort's 1938 Scrapbook. Now this chap Mort is one of the people well in fact was the person, coupled with a friend of his, who actually created the idea that is Very British Civil War. He created the Somerset Freedom Fighters and even has written a book/guide on them for Solway. Not only that he creates rules, ideas and travels to games all over the shop to play VBCW. A top bloke and I think that you should check out his blog. It has all manner of pictures, conversion and tips of VBCW and RCW.



The second blog I would like to shout about is JP's Hereford 1938 blog. Now JP's blog too is about VBCW, strangely enough and it is a nice look of VBCW from one person area. Again it is a mix of photo's, battle reports and modelling tips and I think it is a very easy read. Also If that is not enough JP has also done a very handle miniatures guide for VBCW called The VBCW Minis Guide which is a great resource. Please also check his blog out too.


Also if you want to know more about VBCW you can check at Solway Crafts and Miniatures or visit The Very British Civil Forum where you can find all manner of VBCW and Interwar related discussions.


No comments:

Post a Comment