Sunday, May 19, 2013

Awards & Gifts

We are down to a little over two weeks. I mean...I know it's coming...BUT...it is coming so fast! Usually, I would be thrilled by this point {and don't get me wrong...I am}, but I am sorta having a hard time with letting my kids go! We have been together for three years, and I know it's time, but it will definitely be a bitter/sweet moment for me! #lovemykids...for real! 

ANYWAYS...I really want to make the last few weeks super special, so I am gearing up for our annual pancake breakfast/writing celebration/classroom superlatives/final day together. Do you think that is enough crammed into one day? Ha! So, I have been working on a few projects today. 





This is my third year of awards with these guys, so I went all out with candy awards this year! Super excited about how cute they turned out!  


So happy to have these printed and ready to go! I also went ahead and attached the poems to the candy...which means...one more project down! If you are still looking for some classroom awards, you can check these out {HERE}!


I also had some time to work on my class gifts that I will give to the kids at the pancake breakfast. It's a long story how these came to be. We went to the bowling alley during the third nine weeks to celebrate our House Champions {Reveur} and low and behold sat a box filled with bowling pins for $1.00. Yes...one buck! I didn't know exactly what I wanted them for...but I couldn't pass up such a steal! {I swear I am not a hoarder.} So, I snatched those bad boys up and displayed them in my classroom. My kids went crazy over them and begged me to tell them what they were for. I kept saying..." I can't give away all of my secrets." When the secret was...I didn't have a clue. I threw around the ideas of awards/incentives, but never brought myself to pull that together. Since the year is drawing to a close, the idea finally came to me. I have decided to use them as class gifts. I spray painted them over the weekend {which I thought would take forever...but didn't...PTL} and then used paint pens to add their name. I already had most of the supplies from school crafts, so I think I spent $20.00 total! I never get by cheap, so I am super proud of myself! :) During our celebration, the kids will be given a Sharpie so that all of their friends can sign their pin. 




 I also found out that local bowling alleys sell old pins for cheap...cheap...cheap! So...you may want to check that out! These could be used for SO many wonderful things! And at 1 buck, you just can't pass that up!

I can't wait to celebrate these last few weeks! Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment