Saturday, May 18, 2013

Five for Friday...{Just pretend}

I have been dying to link up with my sweet friend Kacey over at Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday post. Well, I have come to this realization...that is never gonna happen! :) By the time Friday night hits...this teacher is so doneeee! So...pretend today is Friday! Here is how my week went down! 

1: SLEEP 

You know you are exhausted when you fall alseep in your school clothes and don't wake up until 6:30 a.m. True story. On Monday night, I told myself that I would lay down for just a second, and before I knew it, it was 6:30 the next morning. I was still asleep...fully clothed...jewelry and all! My husband even tried to wake me up and then he gave up! {Not sure if I believe that story!} :) 



...seriously though, I need summer to get here ASAP so I can be awesome every single day! Ha!

2: Summer Writing Fun

After a week of state testing, we are back to a normal routine. This week, we spent a lot of time writing our way through my End of Year Writing Bundle. The kids loved thinking about and planning their futures.


After that, we also planned our summer with our Dive into Summer Writing




Love how these turned out, but I love these sweet babies even more! Going to miss them so, SO much! {But we won't talk about that right now!}



3: Do the Harlem Shake

A few days ago, I posted about my end of the year behavior management system. If you missed that, we are using balloons! :) 



So...what was day three you ask? Make a Harlem Shake Video. The kids brought props and were counting down the seconds until go time! 

Here is our Harlem Shake...



4: Science Experiment Fun


I love living so close to a local university. They are always so wonderful about bringing experiences directly into the classroom. On Friday, our kids were instructed by the 5th and 6th graders {they were trained earlier in the week}. During this time, they completed 12 hands-on science experiments! Such a great way to give ownership to our older kids and build school community throughout our grade levels. Also a great way to keep our kiddos engaged during these last few weeks! 

5: End of year mayhem! 

Oh my...I can feel it inching closer. Today, I will be working on my classroom awards and finishing up my end of year gifts. Here is a little peek...

I will be posting more about this tomorrow! 


Be sure and link up with Doodle Bugs to show us your week! 

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment