Saturday, August 10, 2013

August Ten For Ten #pb10for10 Xena's Favorite Dog Books

I simply can't believe that an entire year has passed since I first participated in this event.  Last year I highlighted by favorite alphabet books.  People from around the world share their favorite picture books; listing them in one spot for not only this day but as a continual resource.  I want to thank Cathy Mere educator and blogger at Reflect & Refine: Building a Learning Community and Mandy Robek educator and blogger at Enjoy and Embrace Learning for hosting this fourth annual event.


With more than seventy-five dog books in my personal bookshelves at home with the majority of them being picture books, as this day got closer and closer, I knew I would never be able to narrow it down to only ten.  (Fifteen is as low as I could go.) Each title in this collection is here for a particular reason, the artwork, the storyline or the way a dog features in one or the other or in the combination of both.  So I decided to have my sweet canine companion of almost thirteen years, Xena, pick her current top ten picture books focusing on the best, the brightest and the funniest.

One of my favorite curation tools is Learni.st.  This year I decided to use it to showcase Xena's list.  It not only allows me to add a few extras but provides an easy way for a reader to see them.

Xena thinks this list is woofer-licious.  I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment