Thursday, August 29, 2013

Home Made Roads

Now I started this project a few months back trying to make roads for Partizan and my games but I never got far as i was never very happy with the results. So I went back to basics and it the wargamers best shop friend, Wilkos and got 2 packs of their Wilko Floor Tiles Vinyl White 305mmx305mm 6 Pack, for £3.95 per pack. These tiles have a pattern on them thats looks like cobbles or tarmac.


Now tiles are self adhesive and the problem with them is the backing as it comes off rather easily. I tried mounting them back to back but I found the height of them a little too tall so i decided to mount them of simple paper and this worked a treat. I cut the roads to 7.5cm stripes which meant that you could get four straight sections from one tile. After mounting them I sprayed them with Army Painters Uniform Grey and them washed them with black paint, very watery paint.


After the wash has dried I lightly drybrushed them with grey again to bring out the details and then using Army Painters Brown Battlefield scatter and Grass Green scatter on the side of the roads to give the feel of a verge.


Here is some close up shots.




Now I have managed to make about 20 foot of roads using these two packs which uses I spend about a tenner in all making them. Now the important question is what do you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment