Saturday, September 21, 2013

Here Comes the Leicestershires, Up the Tigers!

Having painted all manner of militias and irregulars over the past few years I thought it was time that I actually buy and paint for regulars of the Leicestershire Regiment. So to this end I got me a section of BEF Infantry and a Command pack for Warolrd to see what they were like and to fill in the missing gap in my forces. Firstly having looked on Warlords website I ave to say I was not totally impressed with their BEF Infantry for some reason, it was something to do with the way they looked, but at Partizan I got to see them in the flesh and I have to say They looked rather nice. Now they come with separate heads and in the pack you get a full 10 section. I now that at the start of the war the British section was not ten men, in fact it was either eight men or eleven men, but still it is a good number to be going with. Once the heads where added to the figures the models really came to life and I have to say they are sculpted with the best SMLE MkIII I have seen on any model. They are rather nicely sculpted with a good variety of poses that look rather natural and the uniform and webbing looks rather spot on. Here are a couple of photos of my chaps painted up.








No comments:

Post a Comment