Monday, November 18, 2013

I'm Back and I am With the Witch Finder General and trouble with PC World

Yes I am back after a bit of an enforced break, mainly due to my PC's motherboard deciding to give up the ghost and partly due to PC World messing me about, but more on that later. Firstly I would like to say a BIG Thanks to James at Exiles Painting and Loki at Lokis Great Hall for putting on Blog Con, it was a real blast and it was nice to meet up with some fellow bloggers and I am hoping that next year will be even bigger.They will be more on this coming shortly.


Now after playing Dave at One Man and His Brushes wonderful Blazing Dice Wild west game, which you can find out more at Trouble in Serenity, got me to dig out some old Artizan Designs figures I have had knocking around for ages and thought to myself now I really like this figure. Having been bitten by the Victoriana bug of late, see Michael you have made me do it thanks to your wonderful blog, 28mm Victorian Warfare, I have couple of new ideas that can work for both Victoriana and VBCW. So may I introduce the Witch Finder General.


This chap is a rather over religious man who is carrying out God's work during the Very British Civil War. Basically he is bringing justice to the heathen masses in the trouble times of the civil war and administering justice and peace where ever he goes. Though he thinks of himself of a part of the Anglican league the League have gone to great lengths to dissociate themselves from him, though he does prove useful at times.  Hailing from a missionary family in India, he returned but to Great Britain at the start of the Civil War with a group of followers including some tribesmen from the North West Frontier, as Christians should not kill another Christians but these Godless heathens can.




He is a lovely figure and a joy to paint. I have tried a different way to paint the black and i have to say I am rather pleased the results. The touch of Burberry lining is to add colour to the figure and makes him useful for both VBCW and Victorian games. 


Now there are things which with hindsight you know were going to go wrong but I thought "It would never happen to me". Well it did. My PC died on me and I rather stupidly took it into PC World for them to have a look at and see if they can repair it. A simple enough thing I thought so on the 22nd October I took it in and they said that they would have to send it away for the tech guys to look at it and that they will contact me within the week and I should have it back by the 6th November. Well a week when past with no contact and I looked at the note that the young assistant had given me and realised that my telephone number was wrong. So I contacted them and spoke to a rather disinterested chap but he stated that he would update the system with my correct number. Another week passed with no contact and checked online where I found out that they had been trying to call me and I once again called up and they stated that they had been trying to call me by the repair, I asked which number they had and it was the wrong one and the chap again stated that he will update my number and I paid for the repair. Any a week passed with me checking online for progress of my repair and in the end I emailed them two with no answer but them got another message from online stating that they need to talk to me about my repair. So once again I contacted they, all this on a 0844 number, and yes you can guess it they had been phoning me on the wrong number and no one had updated my number and they stated that i had not paid for my repair. I advised them that I had and they stated that they could see this and the repairs would go ahead and i should head from them shortly when to pick it up. The day next I checked online and yes you guest it it stated to call them again which I did and they said once again that I had not paid and they after I pointed it out I had they said "oh yes" and the repairs will go ahead. If fact I actually got them calling me the next day on my phone, well they did change me number after all, stating that, you are not going to believe this, that I had not paid for the repairs yet. Once again I pointed out that I had and the day I paid and once again they said on yes you have. But guess what happened on the next day, once again I had a message to call them and you would be believe it but it was about the fact that I had still not paid for the repairs. By this time I just wanted my PC back but once again I pointed out that I had paid for it and a couple of days later I got a message stating that the repairs had been carried out and I pick it up in the next couple of days which would be Thursday or Friday. I actually got my PC on Sunday where the store tried to change me for the repairs but I pointed out once again that I had paid and I got me PC back and a extra hard drive which no one knew what that was about. I had home and my primary hard drive was wiped clean, luckily I had all my artwork on the secondary hard drive which was fine and I have just spent the last 24 hours installing all my programs back on it, but have lost all my emails, contacts and resource material. I tried the another hard drive thinking maybe its on them for some reason, but no and that hard drive doesn't work. So I think it will be the last time I will be using PC World for repairs and I would advise anyone else to keep well clear of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment