Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Time Capsules and Knuffle Bunny Suggestions???

I mean could this week get any crazier?!? Seuss week and leap day! I loved the idea of a time capsule for such an occasion as leap day, but it wasn’t quite meshing with Dr. Seuss.  So, I created a unit that would fit the two together just as if they were meant to be!  This was a perfect activity to incorporate into Seuss week and the kiddos had so much fun thinking about all of the possibilities that life has to offer! :) Their predictions of the future and secrets of today were way too cute!  This would also be a super cute end of the year project!

Here is a look at a few of the activities that we worked on today from this mini. After reading Oh The Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss, the kiddos wrote about their ambitions for the future. They also created a little road map showing the many different paths that they hope to take in life! Such a sweet activity! Both their writing and craftivity will be placed into their time capsule at the end of the week!

Slide1

Slide2  Slide5

Slide3  Slide4

Our Time Capsules

Presentation12

If you would like to pick up this unit, you can snag it for $1.50 at my shop!

Slide1

Last year, my kiddos fell in LOVE with Mo Willems. He has the cutest illustrations and some pretty precious stories…if you ask me! I am working on a little author study/reading and writing unit to incorporate sweet Knuffle Bunny into the classroom! {I am thinking that April will be the perfect time for this little unit!} :) If you have any suggestions or ideas of skills that you would like to see in this unit, let me know! I am open to suggestions! :)

Author Study

There are still several hours left in this leap day shopping extravaganza, so grab them while their hot! :) Happy Leap Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment