Monday, May 7, 2012

Royal Marine Light Infantry

Here is the latest and also second from last illustration completed for the Albertine book for Si at Solway. This chap is from the Royal Marines Light Infantry and this is not a lot I can say about him. He is based on one of the chaps in the attack at Zeebrugge in 1918, though I have aged him a little, okay a bit. I am rather pleased with him and I think he stands out of one of my best illustrations but that's only my opinion. I think though that the illustrations in this Albertine book are some of the best illustrations I have done. Here he is.


Royal Marine Light Infantryman,
Albertine Forces, 1938


I have saved the best to last, as they say, and cant wait to have it finished, which I am hoping by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment