Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Wurzels!!!

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who have visited and or commented on my blog as I have reached 25000 views, which is amazing (I've gone all Prof Brian Cox). The truth is I never thought when I started this blog that I would get any number of people veining it beside me and my friends. But  I am glad to be proven wrong and a heart felt thank you all.

Secondly here is the latest illustration for Simon at Solway and his Albertine book. This chap is a Devonshire farmer, hence the Devon flag as an armband. He was after that country yokel look and I think I have managed to capture it. I think it is not one of my best works but certainly one of my most characterful illustration and is in fact based on a chap by the name of MickA who was one of the GWPer's running the Salute VBCW game.

Devon Farmer Militiaman, 1938

Here is the photo with the chap in it, see if you can spot him. This theme of adding players of VBCW into the VBCW books will continue as long as they do not mind.


And as a special treat here is rough of the final plate for the Albertine book.


No comments:

Post a Comment