Friday, July 22, 2011

Rock Star Profiles and Record Breaking Word Wall


If you haven't figured out how excited I am about my Rock -n- Roll theme by looking at my blog let me help you out : ) ...I am SUPER, SUPER excited about such a "rad" theme!  I am thinking my students (including boys) will just LOVE all of the rockin' details! Here are just a few things that I have been working on!

At the beginning of the year, what teacher doesn't enjoy getting to know all of the 20+ crazy, energizing, silly, quirky, loving, ADORABLE personalities that walk into the classroom?!? This year, my students will be creating a "VIP...All Access" pass to tell me just a little about the things that they enjoy. My favorite part about this activity (well, along with getting to know my students) is that we are going to go all out and make these profiles just like the real deal (but on a little larger scale). After the students have completed their profile, we are going to attach a lanyard to make it look just like the real thing! I think that this will be a great way to get our year rockin'! ; ) You can click on the picture above to grab this little freebie!
I have also been working and WORKING in my room to pull it all together and I promise to have pictures up very soon.  One little project that I just finished was my new word wall. I managed to dig and find some old records (not mine of course...I am WAY too young for that!) ; )  and decided to create my "Record Breaking" Word Wall!  I attached dicut letters to some cute scrapbook paper and voila! Perfection. They are so cute even if I do say so myself!  



                                              Please excuse the cluttery mess in the cubbies! :)

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment