Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rockin' Randomness and a Little Thing Called Pinterest

Why is it that every time I walk into my classroom, I get this crazy excited/nervous feeling in my stomach? Then it hits me...the REALIZATION of how much WORK I have to do and yet there is sooo little time! Yikes! However, I am super excited about a new school year and can't wait to hit the ground running (which is why I am already in my classroom...4 weeks early!) If you are feeling the same way, here are a few FREEBIES that may just help you out!  :)

A great way to reach your students even before the year begins is by sending a quick little note letting them know just how excited you are to be their teacher! This year, I am sending a postcard a week before school begins and let me just tell you...It ROCKS! :)  You can click on the picture below to snatch this up! This download is not just for second grade. It will include postcards for grades K-5.


                                             Next up on the list...Magic Snack Mix.



Can I just say...THANK YOU PINTEREST! If you are not a member of pinterest, you have no IDEA what you are missing out on. Please post a comment below and I will be more than happy to send you an invitation. The ideas for classroom, lesson plans, themes, organization...are out of this WORLD! If you are already a Pinteresting Person, you can follow my boards here

As I was browsing the other night, I found the most adorable back to school magic snack mix. Quite possibly one of the sweetest things I have seen. You attach the poem to the snack mix and BAM...you've got an awesome treat to have waiting for your newbies during your back to school night! I wish I could take credit for this creative little poem, but you can hop on over to Amazing Grace to say a big THANK YOU for such a fabulous idea! You can download the poem below. I have two...one if you are rockin' out with a music theme and one general classroom theme. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment