Sunday, April 28, 2013

WIP The Duck Pond

Over on the Very British Civil Forum we are having a little fun project about doing a small vignette and I have decided to do something a little different, that being I am making a duck pond. Now tell me if you can think of anything more British than a village duck pond? Here are some work on process shots of it. The only problem I have at the moment is how to do the water, I am thinking of watered down PVA, but I am not totally sure on the mix of PVA to water.

Here is the start.


At this stage I have flocked and textiled the base.



Now I have finished the base and it fully painted. My next task before I fill the pond with "water" is to make a duckboard or jetty to project into the pond. So its off to find the balsa and matchsticks to create a small projection into the pond. I still have the grass and moss to add but I figured that I'll do that after I have added the "water" which is scaring the heck out of me in case it goes wrong. Anyway here is the latest stage.



More to come I think once I have worked out how to do the water, any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment