Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bloody British Weather

This bloody British weather is starting to get on my nerves. Firstly we get told oh there is a drought and then the heavens open up and it rains and rains and rains and now the ground is so sodding wet that things that I planned to see, waited all flipping year and actually drive to get cancelled at the very last moment. This is what has happen to me, my wife and one of my wife's friends, who's birthday it was, went to the Festival of History at Kelmarsh in Northamptonshire and is only a couple of miles from Naseby. We left fairly early to beat the queues and to have a full day of it and I know the weather has a little wet recently so I checked English Heritage's website about the festival and the weather reports and beside raining the night previously, everything looked good to go for a nice day of history stuff. Well by the time we got there at nine it the morning the blooming thing was cancelled as the site had flooded and the weather had ruined our day out. I feel for all the people involved in getting the festival off the ground, the organiser,  the traders and re-enactors too and I hope that it goes ahead next year and not cut  but the British government and English Heritage. Here are a couple of pictures of the site and gosh it is bad.




On a different note I have been business with some illustrations on the English Civil War and have been doing some Scots of Montrose's Army. I am rather pleased with the ones I have done so far and here there are.



For the eagled eyed among you will have noticed the cavalry chap is the same in both apart from the hat and a few bits, weather it had to be changed to the second one as the first one looked a little too English.

No comments:

Post a Comment