Monday, July 2, 2012

New Morning Song!

What was tops on my list of school priorities for the summer? Our daily song of course…what else? The moment that my littles found out that I was moving with them once again to third grade, the very first thing that they wanted to know was which tune we would be jamming to every morning! I told them it was a huge secret {because I had NO clue!}. Since the end of the year, I have literally had students call me….CALL ME {umm…hello…it’s summer!!!}…inquiring about our song while offering their very own suggestions! Footloose…not so much! {Love the movie…don’t want to listen to the song every morning!} Well, after a little conversation with my student teacher {who is also teaching 3rd grade this year} and one nice long run {that’s when I do my best thinking}, we have our new morning song!

Just to catch you up, every morning, we sing a motivational song to one of the hottest tunes to get our day going! The kids are totally into it and are completely devastated if we have to miss one day of rock and roll! When I intro the song at the beginning of the year, we always discuss the lyrics and how they apply to our life in the classroom! It really does get them super pumped for each new day and is the perfect way to get them out of sleep mode and ready for action!

Last year, it was all about the Biebs {Tune: Baby!}:

Lyrics

This year, we are rockin’ out to One Direction:

One Direction: What Makes You Beautiful

Click on the picture below to grab the lyrics! You can thank me later for the constant replay of “That’s what makes you beautiful” in your head. If you’re like me, it tends to blurt out from time to time…followed by an awkward stare from the hubs! :) What can I say…it’s a catchy tune! I make no apologies! :)

Slide1

And here is the instrumental:

Instrumental

I highly recommend becoming familiar with the original version before you stick the new lyrics in with the beat! You can change the lyrics to match your grade level! I am sure that students of any age would love to break it down every once in a while!

What are some things that you do to motivate your students each day?

No comments:

Post a Comment