Thursday, July 19, 2012

So App Happy Linky Party

I recently got an iPhone {cue the gasps}! I know, I know…but I was in the CrackBerry BlackBerry club with my sweet friend, Deanna Jump. {Don’t worry…she recently made the switch too! Don’t send her hate mail} :). Me and my BB were attached at the hip, and I never thought that I could love another! Now, I just can’t seem to put this iPhone down! There is literally an APP for just about everything! Why didn’t y’all tell me about all of the fun that I was missing?

Since I am so app happy lately, I figured I would share one of my favorites…like almost fell on the floor with excitement kind of favorites! Then, I want you to share some of your must have apps with me!

App

I don’t know about you, but I have WAY too many books in my classroom. Wait…is that even possible? Well, regardless, it is so hard to keep track of what I have, what I need, and most importantly what I am MISSING! I am most certain that a few of my kiddos have their very own library at home…thanks to me! :) So, when I saw this app, I fell head over heels in love!

Meet the app that will save my library…

Slide1

It is called Book Retriever. Now, this app is not free {don’t throw books at me}, but it is the BEST 99 cents that I have ever spent!

So basically, this little app will keep track of your entire classroom library! The best part…you don’t have to type all of those darn titles into the system! Here is how it works:

Slide2  Slide3

All you have to do is scan the barcode and it puts each title directly into your library! I haven’t added much yet, but this will be a nice little job for my helpers {A.K.A. my cross country kids who are forced so happy to help me at the beginning of the year}.

Then, you add your kids information along with parent contact information! This app will actually notify parents for you when a book is missing! WHAT???? Kids can check books in/out by simply scanning the barcode and selecting their name! Super easy!

Slide4

This app even has a leveled reading chart…

Slide5

A hot list to highlight all of the current “go to” books…

Slide6

and a search feature to find information on some of your favorite reads!

Slide7

Do you share in my excitement??? Ok, so I am dying for more apps that you love to use in the classroom! I would love for you to link up below and share your favorite app(s). Just be sure to add the button below to your “App Happy” post, share you favorite app, and be sure to link to the actual post {not just your blog}. 

Second Grade Shenanigans
 
Annnnnd GO! What makes you app happy???

No comments:

Post a Comment