Sunday, July 29, 2012

Do you have the desire to inspire? {Subway Art}

I am about 90% confident that I would have saved myself loads of time if I had just set up camp in my classroom this weekend! I am trying to pull it all together in the next week before I leave for my cruise! I will not think about school while I am on my cruise. {I am hoping if I repeat this multiple times each day…it will become a reality!} Ha! No really, I am super excited about a nice little vacay before the year begins.

Ok…back to classroom stuff! So…I am a sucker for motivational quotes and thoughts. I LOVE them! They always pump me up for a great day and I love using them with my kids. They love them too. I even used them last year in second grade and we had some great discussions about what our weekly quotes meant not only for ourselves, but for our classroom family! I was always amazed at how deep they really thought into the words of each quote! Such insight for such young minds!

3

Along with quotes, I also really like the look of subway art! So, I have meshed the two and I am OBSESSED! Here is a look at my positive thoughts wall! It is front and center so that we can feel inspired all day long!

Slide8

I love for my classroom to grow as my kid’s grow, so it will not look like this when my kiddos walk in on the first day of school. Each frame will have a black piece of paper instead of a quote. Then, during the first eight weeks of school, I will unveil one motivational thought each week. We will discuss the meaning of the words and how it can apply to each student in the classroom.

Slide9

{I found the frames at Hobby Lobby on SALE! Painted them and ta-da! I also purchased a few from the Dollar Store! Isn’t it amazing what a little paint can do?}

Like I said…obsessed! This is probably the best part of my room! I am totally inspired for a new year {almost!} ;) Aren’t you?!?

Next up on the checklist…classroom rules! My rules are also very modern and will be framed in my classroom much like my inspirational quotes. Rules are on the “to do” list for tomorrow, so hopefully I will have a picture all ready for you!

Until then, I have compiled a little décor pack just in case you would like an easy way to build confidence and motivate your kiddos all year long! This pack includes 66 pages of inspirational words and classroom rules. I made three sets of rules before I was satisfied, so I included each set for you! Choose the one you like best! The first two sets of rules are very modern and require very little ink for all of my friends on an ink budget! I love the clean look! I am going for the whole less is more thing {I am not very good at that!} :)

Slide1

You can check this out on TPT by clicking on the picture below!

Slide1

I did manage to get a few other things accomplished this weekend for my classroom! I finally had the time to sit down and make my crate seats that I have so desperately wanted since last year!

Slide4 Slide3

Love how they turned out! Thanks to my sweet friend, Rachelle for a great tutorial!

Thanks to my little helper, my classroom should be ready in no time!

Slide2  Slide5

She is SO not ready for summer vacation to be over! Poor baby!

Slide7

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment