Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Making Hedges for Partizan

I have been experiment with making hedges for Mr Smillie's and my game at Partizan in June and have been missing about with a couple of ideas. Basically I am looking for those more cleaner, trimmed hedges that you find in cities as opposed to the large hedges and trees that are so common in the countryside. So here are my first two experiments using those green scourer pads that you use for cleaning pots and pans with and i am rather pleased with the results. I have cut the hedges to make them more rounded and natural looking and them pulled and teased the pad give it a more hedgy less scourer look and feel, plus I like that distressed look. Then dry brush it various shades of green over a black base and on one I added some Nock leaves and the other left without. Now the question is which one is more natural and realistic?

With Leaves

Without Leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment