Friday, January 18, 2013

The Tiger Cadets

Well I have finished a whole unit this week, I first for me, lol, well its actually taken me three days from metal to based and I am rather pleased with the result.This is yet again unit for my Very British Civil War game and these chaps or rather lads, more will become clear, are destined for my Duke of Rutland's forces.  These lads are made up from the various public/private schools in the area, namely, Uppingham School, Oakham School and Ratcliff School, from the chaps who both rugga buggas and in the school'd cadet force. Uniformed in the standard Service Dress of the British Army but the uniform has taken its colours from the Volunteer Rifle Unit and also from the Leicester Tigers, thus the name "Tiger Cadets". This combination of good sporting skills and cadet training should make these lads a formidable foe, but in true it has made them a rather unwieldy unit, as they think that they are superior to those around them. Only time will tell if this is just youthful enthusiasm or they really are one of the elite units.

The Tiger Cadets

The Tiger Cadets

The figures are from Reiver Castings and are from there their Great War range and actually are dismounted British cavalry. Now the Reiver figures are a little short for 28mm, closer to 25mm but look fine if fielded in the same unit. Now as these are young lads from the various public schools it seemed fitting that they be slightly smaller than the average adult so I have used them for this reason. Now I rather like the sculpt  true they are not the best out there but at £10 for a pack of ten foot figures or four mounted that cant be bad and I cant recommend them enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment