Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A New Book Cover for VBCW

Well I am back on form again after a little lull and I have started a new cover for book from Si at Solway Craft and Miniatures. The brief for this was quite loose as are most of his briefs, horrid image as just popped into my head there, but this one is on the Fall of Empire, well its a revised version of the book already in print mainly for the foreign market. As you can see I have gone for what I think sums up the Empire in 1938 but having troops for the British Raj. The actual troops depicted are actually General Wynd-Gator's Joshua Force, making it way to blighty but that's another story.


Basically I have an Indian Elephant with a Vickers .303 Machine Gun mounted, manned by chaps of the 5th
Mahratta Light Infantry. The reason for this is because the Regiment was raised from men for Proona, India and living in Leicester a large percentage of the Asian population is from Gujarat. I have also gone for British troops in tropical dress too.

No comments:

Post a Comment